District Wide Scholarships
Marie Jones began her teaching career in 1946. From 1959 until June of 1984 she was a teacher at Pipkin Middle School. She taught math, reading and English, but the last ten years she dedicated herself to special education instruction. Mrs. Jones is remembered as a unique individual who loved fishing, crocheting and playing cards.
In order to apply for the Marie Jones Scholarship you must answer yes to the following questions:
1. Are you a senior at a Springfield Public Schools high school?
2. Do you have a need for financial support and limited resources?
3. Do you have a 3.0 or higher GPA?
4. Have you participated in extra curricular activities?
5. Applicant must be interested in pursuing a degree in education from an accredited college or
*If you are a dependent of a Foundation or SPS staff member you are not eligible to apply.
*Preference given to students who attended Pipkin Middle School
If you answered no to any of these questions you are not eligible for this scholarship. If you answered
yes to each question you may proceed to the application.