The Linda Luke Librarian of the Year Award was established by the friends and family of Springfield Public Schools Hickory Hills school and Disney Elementary school librarian, Linda Luke, following her passing in 1997. Linda was known for her dedication and commitment to excellence.
The Linda Luke Award is designed to recognize librarians who are carrying out Linda’s legacy of dedication and commitment to excellence. It is given out each year to one librarian in the district who makes an outstanding, positive impact on students. The award includes a $1,000 cash prize to the librarian chosen.
All nominees must be school-level librarians. Previous recipients are eligible to receive the award again. Teachers, principals, peers, parents, students, PTA members, business partners and community members may submit nominations.
*Nominations will be accepted for the 2018 Linda Luke Award beginning on Friday, February 16, 2018, with a nomination deadline of Monday, March 19, 2018. The Linda Luke Award will be presented at the 24th Annual Teacher Appreciation Banquet on Monday, April 16, 2018.
Nomination Rules & Guidelines:
- Nominee must be a school librarian in Springfield Public School District.
- Please make sure your nominee econveys the following characteristics in their work with students.
- Initiative to orchestrate an innovative project at the building level
- Support for the teaching and learning process by providing a library climate that encourages students and teachers to maximize available resources and technology
- An attitude that emanates caring and concern
- A deep commitment to his/her work
Your nominee will be required to submit a brief, written information summary regarding their performance, accomplishments and commitment, and submit that information to the Foundation for SPS and Linda Luke Award review committee for use in the judging process.
*March 20, 2018: Nominations for 2018 are now closed.
If you have questions about the Linda Luke Librarian of the Year Award please contact the Foundation office at 417.523.0144, or email Director of Development Pamela Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.