BACK TO SCHOOL GRANT APPLICATION WINDOW IS CLOSED FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR.
For other funding opportunities, visit our Pick-a-Project Platform. This crowdfunding opportunity allows you so share your project with friends, family, and colleagues to raise funds for your classroom.
- Grant Writing Workshop: The workshop will be virtual this year. If you need help or have questions about the application, click here for the complete webinar.
- Application Deadline: Monday, July 20, 2020
- Award Date: Thursday, September 24, 2020
Before applying for funding, please read the guidelines below.
- Applications are completed online (limited to the format and space provided).
- Only certified district employees may submit applications.
- All questions must be answered with a complete budget.
- District purchasing guidelines must be followed. No exceptions.
- Grants are always awarded early September.
- Applications WILL NOT be accepted for food items, stipends, salaries, cost of substitute teachers or capital improvements.
- Once your application is complete print a copy for your records and submit it. (It is a good idea to save your application in a word document as well). A confirmation e-mail will be sent. If you do not receive an e-mail you may follow up with the Foundation at 523-0144.
- There is no dollar limitation on Back to School grant requests. We will accept and review requests for any amount.
- If this grant is for an outdoor classroom or garden project please make sure your project is approved by the SPS Grounds Management Department.
- If your grant is for technology it must be approved by District IT and District Administration. Technology grants without IT approval will not be accepted. Please complete the IT Technology Request Form for Additional Devices and email it to Bruce Douglas at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any issues with submitting the IT Technology Request Form from your SPS account, please contact the SPS IT Help Desk by phone at: 417-523-HELP or phone extension: 33333
- Student Experience Grant: To provide funding for expenses related to academic field trips for SPS students.
- Modern Learning Environment Grant: To provide funding for modern classroom furniture and supplemental technology not provided through IGNITE.
- Classroom Projects Grant: To provide supplies, equipment, software, etc. to support an existing classroom or school need or implement a new project or program.
- Community Engagement Grant: To provide funding to aid in community and family outreach programs.
- Need: How well does this grant meet the academic needs of the students and/or school?
- Impact: Will it have a great impact on the students being served and how many students will it serve (take into consideration the longevity of use, potential for more years)?
- District Goals:How well does this grant align with the SPS mission to prepare all students for tomorrow by providing engaging, relevant and personalized educational experiences today?
- Well-written: Was this grant well-written, creative and well thought-out?
- Sustainability: How sustainable is this project and what, if any, future plans for funding does the grant writer have?