Glendale High School
The Howard “Dinger” Bell Scholarship was established to honor longtime Glendale Baseball Coach Howard Bell. Howard was diagnosed with ALS on December 14, 2011. Though he was no longer coaching, he continued to come to all the baseball games. And, at the end of the 2012 season, friends Tim Carter and Jim Colgna, along with many other community members, surprised Howard and his family with the establishment of this fund.
Howard loved all students, therefore this scholarship is for any Glendale student with determination and spirit for sport and academics, who has excelled despite hardships, and challenged fellow students to perform at a high level. Howard passed away in March of 2013. This award keeps his spirit alive!
In order to apply for the Howard Bell Scholarship you must answer yes to the following questions:
1. Are you a senior at Glendale High School?
2. Do you have a determination and spirit for sport?
3. Have you made a sincere effort in your scholastic endeavors?
4. Have you excelled in high school, despite a difficult and adverse situation?
5. Have you challenged fellow students to perform at a level higher that than normally would?
6. Have you had significant involvement in extra-curricular activities?
If you answered no to any of these questions you are not eligible for this scholarship. If you answered
yes to each question you may proceed to the application.