District Wide Scholarships
Purpose of the Fund: The Darton Scholarship was established to honor Thomas and Ursalee Darton. Thomas Darton was a graduate of Springfield’s Lincoln High School. Ursalee Coleman Darton was a graduate of Booker T. Washington High School in Ed Dorado, MO. The Dartons were firm believers in equality and education.
In order to apply for the Thomas & Ursalee Coleman-Darton Scholarship you must answer yes to the
1. Are you a senior at a Springfield Public Schools high school?
2. Are you African American or Hispanic?
3. Are you planning to attend a college, university, technical or trade school?
4. Do you have a need for financial support and limited resources?
5. Do you have a 3.0 or higher GPA?
*If you are a dependent of a Foundation or SPS staff member you are not eligible to apply.
If you answered no to any of these questions you are not eligible for this scholarship. If you answered
yes to each question you may proceed to the application.