Position Title: Program Director
Directly Reports to: Executive Director
Full time position: 40 hours per week
A successful Program Director will:
- Strive in an organized environment: You will be responsible for planning, maintaining and executing, several existing and new programs which will require a well-organized system.
- Excel in strategic thinking and executing: You will not only be responsible for executing our current programs, you will have the opportunity to look for ways to improve and update our programs, and adding potential new programs.
- Excel in both working independently and with a team: You will have the opportunity to work alongside our current Foundation team, but will many times be tasked with working independently to achieve your goals. You will also be working with both Foundation staff, and Springfield Public Schools staff.
Qualified applicants should have:
- 2-5 years of experience working in the non-profit industry, the field of education, or in a programs department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Experience in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and face to face.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Coordinates and executes the following Foundation programs:
- Back to School Grant Program
- Pick a Project Crowdfunding Platform
- SPS Ambassadors Program
- Lunch & Learn Series
- Scholarships Program
- Linda Luke Librarian of the Year Award
- Turner Reading Awards
- Implement and execute new alumni program, including alumni database, alumni reunions and activities.
- Responsible for website and social media updates related to Foundation programs, working with the development director
- Represents the Foundation in the community, and works with the Board of Directors, Advisory Council, and Director’s Council to achieve goals.
- Supports additional Foundation staff for overall success.
Please send resumes and 2-3 professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org