Foundation for Springfield Public Schools Development Intern
Posted November 7, 2018
The Foundation for Springfield Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Development Intern.
Application Submission Deadline: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 or until position is filled.
Development Intern Job Description:
This position is responsible for assisting the Director of Development with tasks associated with fundraising, marketing, communications and public relations efforts for the Foundation for Springfield Public Schools (FSPS). The position is available on a semester-by-semester basis.
- Paid position, $10 per hour.
- Minimum of 12 hours per week and maximum of 20 hours per week.
- Hours and a schedule that are consistent from week to week, are required.
Some flexibility in the schedule is available for school related activities.
- Work will be conducted in the Foundation office, between the office hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Exception is for events held offsite after hours, including the Annual Teacher Appreciation Banquet, Monday, April 15, 2019, 5:30 to 10 p.m.
Job Tasks: * Under guidance of the Director of Development
- Assist with inputting data and information related to donations and programs in Excel spreadsheets and Raiser’s Edge database.
- Assist with corresponding by email, letter and phone with teachers, donors, board and partners on projects and Foundation related activities.
- Assist with special event coordination (Teacher Appreciation Banquet, Donor Appreciation Luncheon, etc.).
- Assist with social media outreach on Facebook, Twitter and updates to website.
- Assist with updating alumni information database.
- Assist with design and creation of marketing and promotional materials.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to follow detailed directions and carry out projects as requested.
- Ability to communicate in a professional and friendly manner with external audiences, ex: donors, members of the public and businesses, and internal audiences, ex: Foundation staff members and board of directors
- Required – experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook, social media including Facebook and Twitter, good writing skills.
- Preferred – experience in photography, video editing, Photoshop, Canva or other design programs, event coordination.
Additional Relevant Information:
- Internship available to a full-time, college student.
- May count towards college credit (coordinate with personal college advisor).
- May require occasional travel within the City of Springfield (mileage is reimbursed).
- Business casual attire should be worn during work hours.
- Reports to the Director of Development.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and up to six samples of your work in the areas of fundraising, marketing, communications, public relations or office administration. In addition, please provide three references and their complete contact information. Send all by email to Director of Development, Pamela Anderson at email@example.com. If you have questions, please contact Pamela by email, or call the Foundation office at 417.523.0144.
The Foundation for Springfield Public Schools began in 1990 as a volunteer organization to provide financial resources for educational enrichment beyond the daily operational needs of the school district. Since its inception, the Foundation has raised more than $17 million to support Springfield Public Schools.
Our mission is to raise, manage, and distribute private investment to benefit the students of Springfield Public Schools. Our vision is to promote educational excellence for every child by working with the public school system and the community. Learn more at www.supportsps.org.