Due to COVID, we are in need of another buzzer system for Scholar Bowl at Carver Middle School. We are in need of a second set for two reasons:
1. We have double the amount of students interested in this club this year.
2. We want to keep them safe by social distancing as much as possible. This will allow us to do so.
- Need Represented: The need represented is to support our students academically outside of normal school hours.
- Academic Impact: Scholar Bowl covers several academic topics. This is a way to engage students in growing their knowledge in a fun and competitive way.
Scholar Bowl can be characterized as competition in which subject matter in multiple academic disciplines is used. This activity features head to head academic team competition, quick response answers, time limits on questions and use of recognition systems by participants. Note: The current Scholar Bowl disciplines are: science, mathematics, social studies, communication arts, fine
arts /performing arts, and miscellaneous.
- Student Population: Carver currently has 750 6-8 graders with a Free and Reduced Lunch population of over 50%. Our students come from a wide variety of backgrounds and are some of the most diverse students in any Middle School in the city of Springfield.