- Project Cost: $254.00
- Funded to Date: $16.24
- Online Until: March 1, 2018
- Teacher Name: Jennifer S. Green
- School: Phelps Center for Gifted Education
- Grade Level: 6-8 Gifted Education/ Art
This grant will support our Art of Printmaking unit by giving us a safe place to stack our prints when making monoprints, linoleum prints, woodblock prints, and serigraph prints. This equipment will be used for many years and many art projects at Phelps Center for Gifted Education
- Planned Use for Funds: These funds will be used to purchase a drying rack for our current printmaking unit and future art units at the Phelps Center.
- Need Represented: Ink is used in printmaking and students print an edition of multiple identical prints. Ink dries slowly, which prohibits stacking prints one atop another. In this unit multiple students will be printing simultaneously and a drying rack is imperative to successful printing.
- Academic Impact: One of the goals of printmaking is that students create an edition of prints that are identical. Having a drying rack will facilitate success in this challenging art form.
- Student Population: Gifted Students from all Springfield Public School middle schools