- Project Cost: $800
- Funded to Date: $800
- Online Until: April 13, 2018
- Teacher Name: Julie Johnson
- School: Pipkin Middle School
- Grade Level: 8th Grade
Each year, we hold the eighth-grade promotion ceremony at Central Assembly of God. The quality of this facility and technology accommodations make it the perfect partner for Pipkin. Our students want to dress in a way that matches the environment, and having students dress in a “uniform” helps accomplish this. Simple jeans and t-shirt allow students to be comfortable but also look like a united entity. We are asking for money to provide the t-shirts to the students.
- Planned Use for Funds: We would purchase eighth-grade t-shirts for the students to wear at promotion.
- Need Represented: Even a $4 t-shirt can present a financial burden to some of our families. By funding this project, donors would be helping ease students' worry about paying for their own t-shirts.
- Academic Impact: These t-shirts will allow students to be uniform in appearance at our promotion ceremony. This ensures that all students feel proud at promotion without worrying about the cost of fancier new clothing.
- Student Population: Pipkin is a Title I school with 76% of the students receiving free or reduced lunches. The eighth grade class currently has around 200 students, but our population has high mobility, so that number will likely change. We are a diverse school with over 25% of our students identified as American Indian, Asian, Black, Hispanic, Pacific Islander, or Native Hawaiian.