- Project Cost: $800
- Funded to Date: $230
- Teacher Name: Julie Johnson
- School: Pipkin
- Grade Level: 8th grade
Getting promoted from eighth grade to high school is an exciting time for teenagers! There is so much anticipation as students prepare for high school, and these last few moments as an official eighth grader are important for many of them. While each student is important as an individual, it is vital for the students to appear as a unified class at their promotion ceremony. Providing t-shirts (designed by an eighth grader and signed by every eighth grader) will allow the eighth grade class the opportunity to show they are united at they move on to high school
- Planned Use for Funds: We will purchase t-shirts for eighth graders to wear to promotion.
- Need Represented: For many of our families, nominal cost of $4 is too much.
- Academic Impact: Raising the funds this way will help relieve the stress students and families might feel about not being able to afford the t-shirt.
- Student Population: Pipkin is a Title I school with over 70% of the population on free or reduced lunches. We represent a diverse group of students - nearly 20% of our population is African American, and nearly 5% is Hispanic or Latino.