- Project Cost: $1000
- Funded to Date: $245
- Teacher Name: Lauren Edwards
- School: McBride Elementary
- Grade Level: K-4 Library
My students love listening to audiobooks, and this project would help me get more audiobooks into their hands. Playaways are MP3 players that come preloaded with a book. All the student needs is a batter and headphones and they can listen to the book anywhere they go.
- Planned Use for Funds: I plan to order the Playaways listed above from our approved book vendor Mackin.
- Need Represented: Many of my students enjoy reading a physical book, but they also enjoy being read to. These Playaway audiobooks gives them the opportunity to take in a book in a way that best fits their learning style.
- Academic Impact: This project will give students another way to interact with and consume books. Even though the student is listening to the book rather than reading a physical copy, her brain is still taking in the information and comprehending what's happening in the story.
- Student Population: McBride is a K-4 building with over 500 students.