- Project Cost: $232.99
- Funded to Date: $00.00
- Online Until: March 15, 2018
- Teacher Name: Tom Stine
- School: Study Alternative High School
- Grade Level: Math 9-12
Math students at Study have experienced some changes this year, one of which has been the use of flexible seating in the classroom. There are a few recliners, several bench seats, and traditional tables and chairs. What has been missing, though, is a somewhat isolated spot for a student or pair of students to work independently. An elevated pub-style table and 2 chairs is perfect to accomplish the task of giving a separated space for 1-2 students to focus on their work.
- Planned Use for Funds: Funds will be used to purchase the above items.
- Need Represented: Students at Study Alternative High School have traditionally done very poorly in math courses in traditional classroom settings. At-risk students need new methods and settings to become more engaged in the high school curriculum, especially in math.
- Academic Impact: "Change your environment, change your mind." Even small changes in academic environment can impact student outcome. The addition of one more type of flexible seating will accommodate different student learning styles and provide increased options for teaching.
- Student Population: Study Alternative High School serves students identified as "at-risk" of failing in a traditional high school and dropping out. Our students are often from low income households.