- Project Cost: $1000
- Funded to Date: $1000
- Teacher Name: Manden Matz
- School: Alice Pittman Elementary school
- Grade Level: K-1
As a Title 1 Reading Specialist, I work with struggling readers in Kindergarten and First grade. We work at an accelerated pace in order to get these struggling students on level with their peers. On average, my groups read 3 books a week, which means we go through a lot of books during the time they are with me. I would love to have a large supply of leveled texts to offer my students. A variety of topics and levels will help support my struggling readers. These leveled readers are all written at guided reading level A-I, early emergent or early kindergarten level to emergent or late first-grade level.
- Planned Use for Funds: I will use these funds to purchase fiction and non-fiction leveled texts for my students.
- Need Represented: My students need exposure to a variety of leveled texts, both fiction and non-fiction. This request will give my students the opportunity to read a number of varied texts.
- Academic Impact: My students will be exposed to a variety of texts that will help accelerate their reading progress.
- Student Population: The student population at Pittman is grades K-5 with 71% free and reduced lunch. My specific students are 85% free and reduced lunch. My students are a year or more behind in Reading.