- Project Cost: $1,000
- Funded to Date: $1000 Fully Funded!
- Online Until: April 12, 2018
- Teacher Name: Blair Benton-Claxton
- School: Watkins Elementary
- Grade Level: 3rd
Our third grade students, 45 in all, have been learning about their beautiful state of Missouri. We also studied how our government works. We will be taking a trip to Jefferson City to explore our Capitol building and Runge Nature Center.
- Planned Use for Funds: We will be using the funds provided to pay for the charter bus to transport our students and their chaperones to the Capitol and back.
- Need Represented: The funds are needed to provide transportation for our students.
- Academic Impact: Our trip to Jefferson City will allow students to see first hand where our Senators and State Representatives work hard to write laws to keep us safe. We have also been studying the different regions of Missouri, food chains, parts of a plant, etc, which will be enhanced their time spent at the Runge Nature Center.
- Student Population: Our student population is high in free and reduced lunch percentages. We are a Title 1 school. Most of our 3rd graders have not traveled outside of our local area and this opportunity will broaden their horizons.