- Project Cost: $584.91
- Funded to Date: $0.00
- Online Until: April 30, 2018
- Teacher Name: Jennifer Melton
- School: Central High School
- Grade Level: Family Consumer Science 7-12
4 color screen printing machine Riley Hopkins JR. 4 Color 1 Station Screen Printing Press
- Planned Use for Funds: Fashion Design students will use their design skills and create designs to be screen printed onto t-shirts for the different organizations within the school as per request and screen print t-shirts to sell in the Bulldog store. The screen printer will be used in the fashion classroom for the student body of Central.
- Need Represented: We need the funds to purchase a screen printer or a donation of a working screen printer.
- Academic Impact: This project will give the students an extended opportunity to learn the business side of the design industry.
They will practice their designing skills, marketing, management, collaboration, communication. The students will have an opportunity to practice learning and using the soft skills needed to be successful in the business world.
- Student Population: My classroom is very diverse, it will have students from 7-12 grades representing many different cultures. They come from all economic levels with the large percentage in the reduced lunch category. The students have all levels of skill and learning ability.