- Project Cost: $600.00
- Funded to Date: $618 Fully Funded!
- Online Until: February 28, 2018
- Teacher Name: Lalea G. Lazar
- School: Bingham Elementary
- Grade Level: Kindergarten through 5th Grade/Technology & Computers.
I would like to purchase a 3D Printer for Bingham Elementary School to spark the imagination of the students. I am currently introducing Basic Engineering Principles, Design, and Concepts to the Bingham Elementary Students through Multi-Model Construction Kits. This 3D Printer would help support their Learning Goals and Career Interests through Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM), the Technology Curriculum, and various PBL Projects.
I was an Aeronautical Engineer for several years before becoming a classroom teacher. I have a passion for designing and building things, and would like to support the Bingham Elementary Students interests and imagination.
- Planned Use for Funds: I am planning on purchasing a new 3D Printer, Filament, and Basic Supplies to support the use of the printer in the Bingham Elementary Schools new Maker Space Student Project Area. This emerging Technology has now become more affordable and accessible.
- Need Represented: Bingham Elementary is a Third Year IGNiTE School; and received their Individual Chromebook Devices in August. The school has implemented a special Maker Space Area for all students to use. I am introducing Basic Engineering Principles and Procedures, to the students during their Maker Space Class Time. The 3D Printer would be a wonderful addition to the Maker Space Area, allowing the students to Design, and Create their Hands-On-Projects.
- Academic Impact: I want to inspire the Bingham Elementary Students to investigate the different fields of Engineering and Math. They will be creating models and projects with a 3D Printer, that they have designed and studied. They will be able to actually see,hold, touch and feel their designs as a final physical product. The 3D Printer can increase students Spatial Intelligence. This is the ability to draw accurate conclusions from observing in a three-dimensional environment. It involves interpreting and making decisions about the shape, size, movement, and relationships between objects, as well as the ability to visualize and manipulate 3D Models of things that are not immediately visible.
- Student Population: It is important to bring great learning opportunities to the Bingham Elementary School Students. They don’t always have the chance to experience what other students do in nearby area schools. Bingham Elementary is a Title 1 School. Bingham Elementary has great students that are always eager, and willing to learn new things.