Foundation seeking 2018 Turner Reading Award nominations for outstanding reading teachers in Springfield Public Schools
Do you know an outstanding reading teacher in Springfield Public Schools (SPS) who deserves recognition? Here’s the perfect opportunity to nominate them for the top, annual award for certified, SPS reading teachers.
The Foundation for Springfield Public Schools is currently taking nominations for the 2018 Turner Reading Awards, which annually recognizes five outstanding reading teachers in Springfield Public Schools.
This will mark the 17th year for the Turner Reading Awards, established and supported by the Turner family of Springfield. The awards include a cash prize for all five winning teachers and their schools. Teachers are rewarded who show excellence in teaching reading and literature in the classroom, and instill in students a love of learning to read.
Nominations will be accepted from anyone in the community.
Full nomination criteria is listed below:
Please make sure your nominee meets the following criteria:
1. Nominee must be a certified teacher who teaches reading/literature in Springfield Public Schools
2. Nominee should integrate reading with other topics across the curriculum
3. Nominee should pair students with reading material at appropriate levels in areas of interest
4. Nominee should use strategies for encouraging, recording and celebrating students’ reading in cooperation with families
5. Nominee should adapt the pacing, content and emphasis of instruction for individuals and groups
6. Nominee should be regarded by peers as a model for effective reading instruction
7. Nominee should employ out-of-the-box thinking to teacher reading to children 8. Nominee should build the whole child along with raising test scores in reading
The nomination deadline is April 23, 2018. The Turner Reading Awards are managed and administered by the Foundation for Springfield Public Schools.
Nomination Submissions is now closed! We will be contacting the nominees via email.
Winners will be announced soon!