2018 BACK TO SCHOOL GRANT APPLICATION INFORMATION
Grant Writing Workshop: Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 2 to 3:30 p.m. at the Foundation Office, 1131 Boonville, upstairs conference room. Please RSVP by Friday, May 25, to Pamela Anderson at email@example.com
Application Deadline:Thursday, June 14, 2018
Award Date: Early September
Before applying for funding, please read the guidelines below.
- Applications should be completed online (limited to the format and space provided).
- Only certified district employees may submit applications.
- All questions must be answered with a complete budget.
- Back to School grant applications are due by : June 14, 2018
- Grants are always awarded early September.
- Applications WILL NOT be accepted for food items, stipends, salaries, cost of substitute teachers or capital improvements.
- Once your application is complete print a copy for your records and submit it. (It is a good idea to save your application in a word document as well). A confirmation e-mail will be sent. If you do not receive an e-mail you may follow up with the Foundation at 523-0144.
- There is no dollar limitation on Back to School grant requests. We will accept and review requests for any amount.
- If this grant is for an outdoor classroom or garden project please make sure your project is approved by the SPS Grounds Management Department.
- If your grant is for technology it must be approved by District IT and District Administration. Technology grants without IT approval will not be accepted. Please complete the IT Technology Request Form for Additional Devices and email it to Bruce Douglas at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any issues with submitting the IT Technology Request Form from your SPS account, please contact the SPS IT Help Desk by phone at: 417-523-HELP or phone extension: 33333
- Student Experience Grant: To provide funding for expenses related to academic field trips for SPS students.
- Modern Learning Environment Grant: To provide funding for modern classroom furniture and supplemental technology not provided through IGNITE.
- Classroom Projects Grant: To provide supplies, equipment, software, etc. to support an existing classroom or school need or implement a new project or program.
- Community Engagement Grant: To provide funding to aid in community and family outreach programs.
Need: How well does this grant meet the academic needs of the students and/or school?
Impact: Will it have a great impact on the students being served and how many students will it serve (take into consideration the longevity of use, potential for more years)?
District Goals: How well does this grant align with district goals of student preparation/student engagement, effective use of resources and teacher support/professional development as well as the SPS learning model.
Well-written: Was this grant well-written, creative and well thought-out?
Sustainability: How sustainable is this project and what, if any, future plans for funding does the grant writer have?
If you have questions about your Back to School grant application, please call the Foundation for Springfield Public Schools office at 523.0144, or email Pamela Anderson at email@example.com
*IMPORTANT: We are experiencing issues with the automatic confirmation emails from our WordPress web site being blocked when they’re sent to spsmail.org accounts. Until that issue is resolved, our Development Intern Tina Pham will send confirmation notifications to you when she is present at the Foundation office.