2016 Back to School Final Report Form
Application for Back To School Grant
Application Deadline for 2017: June 16, 2017
Grant Application Webinar Link: https://vimeo.com/220355323
Before applying for funding, please read the guidelines below:
- Applications should be completed online (limited to the format and space provided).
- Must be approved by principal or building senior leader.
- Only certified district employees may submit applications.
- All questions must be answered with a complete budget.
- Back to School grant applications are due in June 16, 2017
- Grants are always awarded early September
- Applications WILL NOT be accepted for food items, stipends, salaries, cost of substitute teachers or capital improvements.
- Once your application is complete print a copy and submit it. (It is a good idea to save your application in a word document as well). A confirmation e-mail will be sent. If you do not receive an e-mail you may follow up with the Foundation at 523-0144.
- There is no dollar limitation on Back to School grant requests. We will accept and review requests for any amount.
- If this grant is for an outdoor classroom or garden project please make sure your project is approved by the SPS Grounds Management Department.
- If your grant is for technology it must be approved by district IT and district administration. Technology grants without IT approval will not be accepted. Please complete the IT Technology Request Form for Additional Devices click here for form at the bottom of page 2 and email it to Bruce Douglas at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Experience Grant: To provide funding for expenses related to academic field trips for SPS students
- Modern Learning Environment Grant: To provide funding for modern classroom furniture and supplemental technology not provided through IGNITE.
- Classroom Projects Grant: To provide supplies, equipment, software, etc. to support an existing classroom or school need or implement a new project or program.
- Community Engagement Grant: To provide funding to aid in community and family outreach programs.
- Professional Development Grant: To provide funding to support workshops, seminars and training opportunities for teachers in SPS.
- Reading Roundup Library Grants: This category is to be submitted by district librarians for library catalogued reading materials to include print resources, e-books, and digital devices.
*This will be the last year for Reading Roundup Grants*
Need: How well does this grant meet the academic needs of the students and/or school?
Impact: Will it have a great impact on the students being served and how many students will it serve (take into consideration the longevity of use, potential for more years)?
District Goals: How well does this grant align with district goals of student preparation/student engagement, effective use of resources and teacher support/professional development as well as the SPS learning model.
Well-written: Was this grant well-written, creative and well thought-out?
Sustainability: How sustainabe is this project and what, if any, future plans for funding does the grant writer have?